What does buildings insurance cover?

Buildings insurance will cover the structure of your home or commercial premises (walls, windows, roof etc) as well as permanent fixtures and fittings, such as baths, toilets and fitted kitchens.

It would generally cover damage due to fire, flooding, storms, subsidence, lightning, explosion, earthquake, theft or attempted theft, riots or vandalism, falling trees, moving objects (such as a vehicle hitting your home) and escaping or leaking water or oil. The actual full cover and exclusions you have will be shown on the policy documents.

Claiming on your building insurance policy?

Do you know how and what you can claim for under your building insurance policy. We have relationships with a national project management and loss assessor company who have local area offices. They work for you, not the insurance company, and we can recommend their services to you. They can help you with your claim from start to finish. They can assess your insurance policy documents, survey the damage and produce a schedule of works to submit to your insurance company on your behalf. They can then approach the insurance company directly, deal with the loss adjuster (loss adjuster acts on behalf of the insurance company), and negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement on your behalf. Building works will then be carried out by ourselves on the agreed schedule of works.

Your insurance policy may well have an excess and the policy documents will confirm what this may be.

Contact us today for more details.